Problem with Sys::Syslog

Rabellino Sergio rabellino at DI.UNITO.IT
Wed Sep 18 16:09:21 IST 2002

Dave English wrote:

> When I try to run my mailscanner on Solaris 8 with Perl 5.6.1, it fails
> with this message:
>
> # ./check_mailscanner
> Starting virus scanner...
> connect: No such file or directory (SOCK_DGRAM after trying SOCK_STREAM)
> at /opt/mailscanner/bin/logger.pl line 75
> #
>
> It is something to do with the Sys::Syslog module.
>
> There are a few Google hits, but for no one application & coming to no
> one conclusion.
>
> I cannot find any sign of it logging anything anywhere, but that may not
> be so surprising - it may not be getting that far.
>
> Does anyone have any idea where I should start?

Try to change "unix" to "inet" on line 44 inside logger.pl

It's an old problem of solaris syslog, where is not defined the path for the syslog unix socket (unused for a normal solaris
installation...as I know...)

Bye.
--
Dott. Sergio Rabellino