Problem with Sys::Syslog

Dave English paulo at TURNPIKE.COM
Wed Sep 18 15:45:23 IST 2002

When I try to run my mailscanner on Solaris 8 with Perl 5.6.1, it fails
with this message:

# ./check_mailscanner
Starting virus scanner...
connect: No such file or directory (SOCK_DGRAM after trying SOCK_STREAM)
at /opt/mailscanner/bin/logger.pl line 75
#

It is something to do with the Sys::Syslog module.

There are a few Google hits, but for no one application & coming to no
one conclusion.

I cannot find any sign of it logging anything anywhere, but that may not
be so surprising - it may not be getting that far.

Does anyone have any idea where I should start?

Regards
--
Dave English,
Client Software Development, Thus PLC,