Still battling with V4 and RaQ

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Oct 27 11:45:42 GMT 2002

At 21:13 26/10/2002, you wrote:
>ok well I tried a different approach this time by upgrading to 5.6.1 and
>then installing still some symlinking but not too bad.
>
>Now I'm trying to get it actually work - it starts up ok but the mail
>wasn't being processed so thinking this was tweaking required in the
>conf file I played about now I think I have it right
>
>#
>Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/mqueue.in
>
># Set location of outgoing mail queue.
># This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
>Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/mqueue/q1

On a RaQ, you probably need to do this:
         cd /var/spool/mqueue
         rmdir q1 q2 q3 q4
as MailScanner doesn't like split queue directories, and sendmail will use
them if it can. Also check the definition of QueueDirectory in your
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf.

If it complains that there are files inside q1..4, then just move them all
into /var/spool/mqueue and then try deleting the empty directories again.
Don't worry, rmdir won't delete a directory that has any files in it. And
all the files should have unique names as well so you won't actually lose
any messages.

And I would then put in your /etc/MailScanner.conf file:
         Incoming Queue Dir = /home/spool/mqueue.in
         Outgoing Queue Dir = /home/spool/mqueue
as that is where they usually *really* are on a RaQ system.

>[root MailScanner]# /var/spool/mqueue.in & /var/spool/mqueue/q1 must be
>on the same filesystem/partition! at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 555
>
>as far as I can see both of them are on the same filesystem/partition am
>I being stupid? or just missing something basic I seem to have taken 3
>steps forward on the install but several back on getting it running
>before I had it scanning but sendmail didn't deliver.
>
>Regards
>
>Gavin

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ