spam marked properly but not deleted

Max Pyziur pyz at BRAMA.COM
Mon Oct 14 01:50:00 IST 2002

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Jim Levie wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 13:09, Max Pyziur wrote:

> > > If the spam is being delivered to any of the recipients, they will all
> > > still get it (in version 3) if I remember rightly.
> >
> > Does this mean that anyone at one domain? one ip
> > address?  If one user doesn't want spam, but others don't mind and are
> > satisfied that it is labelled in the Subject line does the user who
> > doesn't want spam still receive the spam?
> >
> I believe that Julian is talking about a message that has more than one
> local recipient. In that case the message will be delivered unless both
> recipients are set for deletion of Spam.

Ok, in the /usr/local/MailScanner/etc/spam.actions.conf
file  I setup something like the following
*.mydomain.com  delete

and I'm still getting emails with {SPAM?} in the subject line.

Is there something else which needs to be configured or is there a problem
with the way this is setup?

Thanks!

> A better solution is to use client-side filters, or procmail or Cyrus
> Sieve (if you are running a Cyrus or Cyrus derived mail system) to
> delete Spam on a per-user basis. That happens at the user level, in
> between Sendmail/MailScanner and local delivery, so it doesn't matter if
> there are multiple recipients for a message.
> --
> The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed
> RedHat.

Max Pyziur                                     BRAMA - Gateway Ukraine
pyz at brama.com                                  http://www.brama.com/