spam marked properly but not deleted

Jim Levie jim at ENTROPHY-FREE.NET
Sun Oct 13 22:16:06 IST 2002

On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 13:09, Max Pyziur wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Julian Field wrote:
>
> > At 17:24 13/10/2002, you wrote:
> > >Greetings,
> > >
> > >I've been using the dynamic combo of mailscanner and spamassin for about a
> > >month and a half.   For themost part if functions properly quarantining
> > >suspicious virus-laden email and marking spam.
> > >
> > >However, even if I set certain email recipients to "delete" on my
> > >server their spam still does not get deleted.
> >
> > If the spam is being delivered to any of the recipients, they will all
> > still get it (in version 3) if I remember rightly.
>
> Does this mean that anyone at one domain? one ip
> address?  If one user doesn't want spam, but others don't mind and are
> satisfied that it is labelled in the Subject line does the user who
> doesn't want spam still receive the spam?

I believe that Julian is talking about a message that has more than one
local recipient. In that case the message will be delivered unless both
recipients are set for deletion of Spam.

A better solution is to use client-side filters, or procmail or Cyrus
Sieve (if you are running a Cyrus or Cyrus derived mail system) to
delete Spam on a per-user basis. That happens at the user level, in
between Sendmail/MailScanner and local delivery, so it doesn't matter if
there are multiple recipients for a message.
--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed
RedHat.