V4 Oddity in ruleset

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Oct 11 14:08:38 IST 2002

The ruleset for this option to evaluate to "yes" if *any* of the rules
applied evaluate to "yes". So in your first case you got what I would
expect. In the second case, the message to kris at domain2.org should have got
the text version, as it is not possible for MailScanner to have split the
message into 2 separate messages before converting it to text. All the
recipients that get a message will always get the *same* message. So check
the route the message took from kris at domain1.org to kris at domain2.org.

Have many other people started experimenting with rulesets yet?
If you discover something neat or clever that you can achieve using a
ruleset, that you think other people might like to be able to do, please
let me know so that I can add it to the examples included in the docs.

At 14:02 11/10/2002, you wrote:
>I have a ruleset for converting HTML to text.  Part of it is below...
>The problem is if kris at domain1.org send an HTML email to
>himself at domain1.org AND mike at domain1.org (cc), both recipients get a
>convert to text email.  If kris at domain1.org sends an HTML email to
>kris at domain2.org AND mike at domain1.org, Kris gets the HTML version and
>Mike gets the text version.  Did I miss something?
>

>FromTo:         default                 no
>FromTo:         kris@*                  no #added just as a test
>FromTo:         mike at domain1.org        yes

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ