V4: 4.00.0a11-1 not including Inline Warning (new tests)

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 10 20:19:43 IST 2002

I have just tested this with a hand-crafted message containing this:
in an HTML multipart/alternative message.

The "Allow IFrame tags" switch did exactly what I intended. If it was set
to allow them, the message got through untouched (but Eudora was nice
enough to rip out the <iframe tag> before displaying it. If it was set to
stop them, I got the inline warning and the VirusWarning.txt attachment as
I expected.

Hmmm....

At 19:39 10/10/2002, you wrote:
>Julian Field wrote:
> >
> > Is that what you think you should have seen?
> > I'm not sure whether you are telling me it is working, or it is not
> working.
>
>Well...both.
>
>I was expecting to see the inline text/html warning in both setups.  If
>there is a reason to include the VirusWarning.txt attachment, then there
>should also be an inline warning.
>
>Dustin
>

> > >Okay, here is what I see now.
> > >
> > >Setup A:
> > >Allow IFrame Tags = /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/AllowIFrameTags.rules
> > >cat /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/AllowIFrameTags.rules
> > >From:   baer5454 at mail2.ihs.com  no
> > >
> > >Results:
> > >1. Inline warning IS NOT included
> > >2. Two attachments...one for Microsoft Vulnerability, one for Bugbear-A
> > >

> > >Setup B:
> > >Allow IFrame Tags = /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/AllowIFrameTags.rules
> > >cat /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/AllowIFrameTags.rules
> > >From:   baer5454 at mail2.ihs.com  yes
> > >
> > >Results:
> > >1. Inline warning IS included
> > >2. One attachment for Bugbear-A