v4: naming Sophos homedir

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Fri Nov 22 18:39:01 GMT 2002

Julian,
   Steve is right; more configurable parameters in mailscanner.conf
means less twinking with other files to get things to work when an
upgrade happens.  That's the idea.

   As for Sophos, are you saying that lib/sophos-autoupdate and
lib/sophos-wrapper run the show, and the v3 era autoupdate and
sophoswrapper that I had in /opt/sophos/bin can go away?  I've
tried lib/sophos-autoupdate; it got the new virus info, created a
new directory, then didn't reset the ide link.  I'm looking at
why it failed.

Jeff A. Earickson, Ph.D
Senior UNIX Sysadmin and Email Guru
Information Technology Services