Port 25 not open

James Pifer mailscannerlist at TNJINFL.COM
Thu Nov 21 18:06:20 GMT 2002

Antony,

ipchains -L shows me that ports 22 and 25 are open. Without giving you
the exact verbage, let's just say both ports look the same in the output
and I can connect through SSH. Basically, I'm sure port 25 is open.

Processes running? Is this what you mean?
2108 root sendmail: accepting connections
2113 root /usr/sbin/sendmail -q5m
2122 root /usr/bin/perl -I/usr/lib/MailScanner /usr/sbin/MailScanner
/etc/Ma
2125 root /usr/bin/perl -I/usr/lib/MailScanner/usr/sbin/MailScanner
/etc/Ma

Yes, I can connect to port 25 on the local port. I've verified that I
modified the sendmail.mc file and rebuilt the cf using M4.
I've tried commenting it out:
dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')
And I've tried using the real ip address in the line
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=192.168.1.25, Name=MTA')

Still can't see the port open.

Any other suggestions? Thanks,
James