Port 25 not open

Thu Nov 21 15:46:07 GMT 2002

On Thursday 21 November 2002 3:43 pm, James Pifer wrote:

> We're installing a new server to use in production. I wrote a short list
> of steps to install it the exact same way my test servers were setup.
> Everything went fine, except port 25 is not open.

> -Make sure port 25 is open with ipchains -L

What does this command show ?

What processes do you see running ?

Can you connect to port 25 from the local machine, ie:
telnet localhost 25

Antony.

--

All matter in the Universe can be placed into one of two categories:

1. things which need to be fixed
2. things which will need to be fixed once you've had a few minutes to play
with them