Best way to use blacklists?

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Tue Nov 19 16:35:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

> If you use MailScanner first for blacklists, does it always
> call spamassasin, or does it just flag the email as spam and
> bypass SA?  Where in SA do you select what blacklists to use?
>  Thanks again for all the GREAT help.

Have you tried this setting in mailscanner.conf:

# If the message sender is on any of the Spam Lists, do you still want
# to do the SpamAssassin checks? Setting this to "no" will reduce the
load
# on your server, but will stop the High Scoring Spam Actions from ever
# happening.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List = yes

This might (!) also work for blacklist. I would have to look at the
sources first but try it.

Regards,
  JP