Header change format

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Tue Nov 19 16:31:56 GMT 2002

Hi,

> > There is no simple rule for Outlook etc. that would allow me to put
> > all Spam-Mail in some folder. Currently I would have to put all
> > possible X-MailScanner-SpamCheck Messages in the word list.
> Proposal:
>
> Easy enough to do. You decide what spam score would be spam
> and filter on the X-MailScanner-SpamScore header. For example
> if you decided that anything wih a spam score of 5 was spam
> you'd tell Outlook that any message whose
> into a Spam folder.

Yet if you use this even messages that are not spam (due to whitelist)
but have a high SpamAssassin score are sorted out by the rule.
Unfortunately Outlook cannot create rules like "Move message if
spam"...

> The MailScanner configuration sets the lower threshold that
> triggers the inclusion of the SpamCheck/SpamScore headers.
> Messages that garner a SpamAssassin score below that
> threshold won't trigger the inclusion of those headers, and
> thus "aren't spam'.

So? Again think of whitelists. If a message is in the whitelist I do not
care about the SpamScore from SpamAssassin. The whole point of the
whitelist is to overrule SpamAssassin.

> Because of the nature of the beast, it is quite possible to
> see messages with a spam score of 10-12 or less that aren't
> really spam, depending on who you get legitimate mail from.

That is quite correct and the first exampled showed just that. But if I
put something in the whitelist explicitely I do not what the message to
be moved by my Outlook rule due to a SpamScore of 10 or so.

The headers are very informational telling me that the message is not
spam due to the whitelist but would have had a SpamAssassin score of 10.
This is nice and informational but impossible for Outlook to use for
rules. That is why I would love to see the simple extention to the
X-MailScanner-SpamCheck header. It should be very easy to implement a
(spam, not spam) message.

Regards,
  JP