spam action to deliver messages pre-scanned

Brent Emerson brent at TECHFORPEOPLE.NET
Fri Nov 15 08:32:20 GMT 2002

(Sorry if this has already been suggested/discussed - couldn't find it in
the archives.)

I'm wondering how difficult it would be to add yet another Spam Action to
MS allowing admins to forward (to an arbitrary address) copies of the
messages identified as spam, but in their prescanned state (exactly as the
message was received by MS) rather than with the MS/SA/etc markup.  This
would be especially nice when using SpamAssassin, which can remove its
markup but doesn't promise to return a message that's identical to the
original.

This would be useful to stockpile messages that could be checked over by a
human and, once verified as spam, submitted in their untouched state to
systems like razor, which seem to be distrustful of submissions from
automata.  Otherwise we could all go to the trouble of creating troll
accounts and seeding them all over the place and hoping spammers will find
them, but that seems like a lot of work for a slow gradual payoff--and we
already have so many active accounts (our real users) getting so much
spam.  I'd just love to get my hands on a mailbox full of untouched
versions of the many messages MS/SA is identifying so accurately!

brent emerson

----techforpeople: hosting for nonprofits and the arts---------------
 nposhield: protection from email viruses/spam/abuse  |  web hosting
-------------member of the tech underground (techunderground.org)----