Creating mail copies for backup

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Nov 4 19:23:01 GMT 2002

If you're using mailscanner, read your mailscanner.conf. It can do this for
you.

Also be aware that it might be illegal to do what you ask in some
jurisdictions, consult your local lawyer :)

 From a Mailscanner 3.x conf file:

# Do you want to archive all mail in a directory for later inspection?
# Be warned if you are in the UK: this may well be illegal due to RIPA
# and DPA restrictions!
# This can be "yes", "no" or a filename. If it is a filename, the file
# may contain complete addresses, domain names or wildcard domains names.
# See the sample file for examples.
#Archive Mail = /usr/local/MailScanner/etc/domains.to.archive.conf
Archive Mail = no