spam.assassin.conf

Lewis Bergman lbergman at wtxs.net
Fri Nov 1 18:28:00 GMT 2002

I know I am now testing everyone's patience but here I go again.
In spam.assassin.conf at the end is this:
# Added for MailScanner 14/6/2002
# If you specify these scores, SpamAssassin will do RBL checks as well as
# MailScanner, which just wastes CPU power and network bandwidth. Either
# do them here by uncommenting the rules below (if you have paid for them)
# or else uncomment the "skip_rbl_checks" line above and let MailScanner
# do the checks instead.
#
#score RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET    4
# These next 3 will cost you money, see mailscanner.conf.
#score RCVD_IN_RBL               10
#score RCVD_IN_RSS               1
#score RCVD_IN_DUL               1

Which implies to me that only those rules will be invoked unless I add more or
do the "score   SOME_RULE               1" deal. But in
/usr/local/share/spamassassin/20_head_tests.cf there are many more rules
listed there like the following:

RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM
X_OSIRU_OPEN_RELAY
X_OSIRU_DUL
X_OSIRU_SPAM_SRC
X_OSIRU_SPAMWARE_SITE
X_OSIRU_DUL_FH
RCVD_IN_RELAYS_ORDB_ORG
RCVD_IN_VISI
RCVD_IN_SBL
RCVD_IN_ORBS
RCVD_IN_DSBL
RCVD_IN_BONDEDSENDER
RCVD_IN_DUL_FH

So my question is do I need to go through and explicitely add a score for each
one to make it take affect? It seems that the rest of the rules don't need
this so I am a little confused(again).
--
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications