sophoswrapper not found

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Fri Nov 1 12:43:13 GMT 2002

Have you tried reinstalling Sophos with Julian's script?

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Howard Schultens
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 6:39 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: sophoswrapper not found

Julian Field wrote, in part:

> With the release of MailScanner 4, they have been moved to
> /opt/MailScanner/lib and renamed slightly.
>
>> I also can't find what module is asking for sophoswrapper (without
>> the hyphen) as a configuration file (sic!), unless it is
>> /usr/local/Sophos/bin/sweep.
>

> Take a look in /opt/MailScanner/etc. There's a file
> "virus.scanners.conf" in there.

OK, I see

# This is a list of the names of the virus scanning engines, along with
the # filename of the command or script to run to invoke each one.
sophos          /opt/MailScanner/lib/sophos-wrapper

in there, but still some part of MailScanner is unhappy and says

Nov  1 13:00:02 tonne mailscanner[18621]: Configuration file
/usr/local/Sophos/bin/sophoswrapper could not be opened for reading!

And the count of viruses found is ALWAYS  zero since I updated (to MS
401-8). I don't believe we're THAT clean!

...Howard