Logger.pl in 3.15

Rabellino Sergio rabellino at DI.UNITO.IT
Fri May 24 11:53:38 IST 2002

Julian Field wrote:

> At 10:00 24/05/2002, you wrote:
> >Dear list,
> >  i've updated mailscanner to the latest release, but launching it I
> > obtain the follow error
> >
> >"Your vendor has not defined the Sys::Syslog macro _PATH_LOG at
> >/opt/perl/lib/5.6.0/sun4-solaris/Sys/Syslog.pm line 277."
> >
> >So i've erased in logger.pl the eval line in the start sub
> > >  # Do this in an eval so it can fail quietly if setlogsock
> > >  # is not supported in the installed version of Sys::Syslog
> > >  eval { Sys::Syslog::setlogsock('unix'); }; # Doesn't need syslogd -r
> >
> >And mailscanner is doing it's work fine as usual. Any hints about it ?
>
> How old is your version of Perl? "perl -v".

This is perl, v5.6.0 built for sun4-solaris

Copyright 1987-2000, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

> >Ps. For SpamAssassin, i've done a minor change, so I can store the
> >SpamAssassin prefs under the mailscanner etc directory. I believe it's a
> >better choice than using the .spamassassin directory in the homedir of the
> >mailscanner user ...

I'll wait for your solution
--
Dott. Sergio Rabellino