Spam not being flagged revisited

Darian Rafie darian at BEPINC.COM
Wed May 22 16:42:52 IST 2002

Okay,

I received four more messages, where the Spamscore was greater than the
threshold but the message was not marked as spam.  I am including one
header, as the rest are similar  Everthing in spam.whitelist is
commented out and only my local IP address is specified in
mailscanner.conf.   I don't see how this is a whitelist problem.  Any
ideas?

I am running 3.15-3, RH 7.2, SpamAssasin 2.20, Razor 1.19

To: darian at bepinc.com
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 05:11:15 -0500
From: susanepapelej at jippii.fi
Sender: <susanjqhnomac at jippii.fi>
Subject: INC 500 Co. Seeks Mgrs. / High $$ Paid!
-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Mike Wallis
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 10:24 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Spam not being flagged

I just upgraded to 3.15-3 and noticed something odd while testing.

---begin---
        SUBJ_HAS_Q_MARK, EXCUSE_3, EXCUSE_7, OPT_IN, CLICK_BELOW,
        SUBJ_REMOVE)
---end---

In this particular instance, I forwarded myself some spam (the original
generated a much higher score) and thought it rather odd that a score in
excess of the required score would get a 'not spam' designation.

Any ideas?

--
Mike Wallis
mw at unixsecurity.org