Mailscanner not scanning attatchments

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Tue May 14 08:02:17 IST 2002

On Mon, 13 May 2002 17:16:33 +0100, you wrote:

>I edited the filename.rules.conf to not allow .exe files...

Have you also edited the mailscanner.conf file to point to the correct
file?
Filename Rules     = /opt/mailscanner/etc/filename.rules.conf

>if I do need some virus scanner to do this. I'd like to just use some
>freebie one.

We are testing f-prot and it works as a charme. We stopped the test
however because on the test machine we seemed to lose messages. We want
to investigate that first.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,