EX_TEMPFAIL error

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Jun 30 16:57:22 IST 2002

At 15:20 30/06/2002, you wrote:
> > The only Amavis-related help we can give you here is to advise you to dump
> > it and start using mailscanner... ;)
>

>LOL  Oh man do I feel like a moron!!  :)
>
>I have been fighting and fighting with mailscanner and I've never been
>able to get it to send mail out of the queue.

What is so hard about it? I would like to know where it or the docs need
improving.

>   Which is why I'm trying
>amavis (and I'm not very happy with it at all, the docs are horrible and
>their list is total dead).
>
>The problem I'm having with mailscanner is it spits out an error message
>to the terminal that says to *PLEASE* go read the codestatus.shtml page,
>something about logger.pl line 64, then it exits out.

To quote the error message:
"FATAL: *Please go and READ*
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/codestatus.shtml"

Have you actually read that web page? Seems fairly clear to me (but then
again it would, I wrote it).
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ