SpamAssassin 2.30

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Jun 15 16:06:14 IST 2002

At 16:01 15/06/2002, you wrote:
>I got  MIME-tools-5.411 and patched it with the supplied patch, which
>had to broken into two parts (at line 286) for it to patch properly

This is a problem with older versions of "patch". If any of you suffer
similar problems, I posted the 2 patched files here some time last week.

>  patch -p0 < mime-tools-patch.txt
>   Looks like a new-style context diff.
>Malformed patch at line 286:
>patch: Line must begin with '+ ', '  ', or '! '.
>
>But then it worked fine.
>
>Perhaps this is a SA list question, but the following
>header from a daily NY TImes mailing that is not usually marked
>as spam caught my attention with the score=-95.5 .
>
>Any clues on what the problem might be?

If an address is in the SA whitelist, it scores -100. MailScanner 2.30
supports the SA whitelist system, if you turn it on in mailscanner.conf.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ