SpamAssassin 2.30

sysadmin sysadmin at DMS.UMONTREAL.CA
Sat Jun 15 16:01:28 IST 2002

Julian Field wrote:
> A new SpamAssassin has just been released. You can download it from
> www.spamassassin.org.

I just upgraded my solaris 7 mail server to SA2.30 ans the latest
MailScanner-3.20-3. I eliminated all the spamc/spamd/spamproxyd stuff
from Makefile.PL of SA 2.30 since I have been having problems building
spamd, but as Julian has pointed out many times this is not necessary
with Mailscanner.
I got  MIME-tools-5.411 and patched it with the supplied patch, which
had to broken into two parts (at line 286) for it to patch properly

  patch -p0 < mime-tools-patch.txt
   Looks like a new-style context diff.
Malformed patch at line 286:
patch: Line must begin with '+ ', '  ', or '! '.

But then it worked fine.

Perhaps this is a SA list question, but the following
header from a daily NY TImes mailing that is not usually marked
as spam caught my attention with the score=-95.5 .

Any clues on what the problem might be?