README.exim installation instructions make error mails

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Sat Jun 15 01:42:55 IST 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 04:41:16PM +0200, Willem Kuiters wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:53:47AM +0200, Vincent Meoc wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using mailscanner(debian package 3.13.2-2) with exim (Debian package, version 3.35) on 3 different servers since few times (2 weeks)
> > and on each of them after 2 days of production I got some errors about
> > the defer director.

> OK, this looks like a DNS related problem. I recently had the same error

Not a DNS problem.

It actually looks like you may not be running exim_tidydb. Do you have
the most up-to-date instructions in which that is mentioned?

Use "exim_tidydb -t 0d /var/spool/exim.in retry" or similar, depending on
what you've called your incoming queue. And run it more often than your
retry timeout (like once a day is usually good enough).

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
You have been selected for a secret mission.