sophos autoupdate

Willem Kuiters wkuiters at FREE.FR
Mon Jun 10 17:14:24 IST 2002

Guten Tag MailScanner

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 03:47:47PM +0100, David Sullivan wrote:

> > > Sigh.  What is it with Debian users?
> >
> > I guess we're all addicted to "apt";)
> >
> > > Mailscanner is updated way too
> > > often for you to rely on the Debian folks to give it to you.  Get it
> > > straight from the tap, and use the default install locations.  It'll
> > > make your life way easier, I promise.
>
> Woody has been frozen since it'll be the "stable" version of Debian RSN, you'd
> only really find the very latest version updates in the "unstable" distribution
> fork (sid).
> It's the price you pay for trying to have a "stable" distribution of pre-
> packaged applications.

Well, Woody is still in "testing" as yet I believe. When Woody becomes
stable, Sid will become the "testing" distribution. I have "testing" in my
/etc/apt/sources.list so I guess I will continue to have a relatively
up-to-date version on running apt-get install mailscanner.
But, well, we're getting off-topic here.

Willem
--
€º°`°º€ø,žž,ø€º°`°º€ø,žž,ø€º°`°º€ø,žž,ø€º°`°º€ø,žž,ø€º°`°º€ø,žž,ø€º°`°º€ø
         **  "Strange to see how a good dinner and feasting  **

                            ** htag 0.0.19 **