sophos autoupdate

David Sullivan David.Sullivan at BARNET.AC.UK
Mon Jun 10 15:47:47 IST 2002

On 10 Jun 2002 at 15:25, Willem Kuiters wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 08:06:44AM -0500, Michael Chaney wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 10:32:04PM +0200, Willem Kuiters wrote:
> > > Well, I use the Debian Woody package of mailscanner and mailscanner.conf
> > > thus lives in /etc/mailscanner ;) I don't know where the Sophos.install
> > > script is but it is not in /usr/local. To install Sophos I use their
> > > install.sh script which puts things in /usr/local. I adapted the
> > > autoupdate script and that now runs fine with the defaults of the Sophos
> > > install script.
> >
> > Sigh.  What is it with Debian users?
>
> I guess we're all addicted to "apt";)
>
> > Mailscanner is updated way too
> > often for you to rely on the Debian folks to give it to you.  Get it
> > straight from the tap, and use the default install locations.  It'll
> > make your life way easier, I promise.

Woody has been frozen since it'll be the "stable" version of Debian RSN, you'd
only really find the very latest version updates in the "unstable" distribution
fork (sid).
It's the price you pay for trying to have a "stable" distribution of pre-
packaged applications.

--
David Sullivan        IT Services, Barnet College, London
                            David.Sullivan at barnet.ac.uk
                            020 8275 5036

This communication may contain privileged or confidential information which
is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please note that you may not distribute or use this
communication or the information it contains.  If this e-mail has reached you
in error, please delete it and any attachment.

Internet communications are not secure and Barnet College does not accept
legal responsibility for the content of this message.  Any views or opinions
expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of Barnet College.

Please note that Barnet College reserves the right to monitor the
source/destinations of all incoming or outgoing e-mail communications.