Removing only Windows executables

Rob Moore rob.moore at POWERDISK.CO.UK
Fri Jul 26 23:47:30 IST 2002

>> The only anti-virus software I've ever seen that blocks executables not
>> based on file extension is Antigen from Sybari, but that's for Exchange.

There is another commercial product (Win32 only) called MAILsweeper that
will do the same thing as well. I understand it inspects the headers of each
file to determine the filetype and whether or not to block it based upon
the policies you set.

The drawbacks are a) its commercial (thanks Julian for your excellent
product)
b) its a Win32 platform only c) it can be quite expensive as the license is
based upon users protected.

Rob