Improving speed in picking up messages from incoming queue

Thierry Carrez tcarrez at SCORT.COM
Thu Jul 25 08:44:58 IST 2002

Hello all,

I would like to know if there is a way to improve the speed of the "pick
up messages from incoming queue" phase of the mailscanner process.

Timings for example :
09:31:58 Message received by SMTP and written to incoming queue
09:32:07 Mailscanner scanning starts
09:32:08 Mailscanner scanning ends
09:32:08 Message is in outgoing queue et processed

I observe timings like 5-12 seconds for the "pickup" phase. Is this
normal ? Is there a setting I can tweak ?

My setup : exim/incoming + mailscanner3.21 + mcafee + SA + exim/outgoing
My machine : RH Linux 7.3 on a 1GHz PIII with 512MB RAM

--
Thierry Carrez