Beta testers? Getting on okay?

Richard D Alloway ralloway at CHARTERPA.NET
Thu Jul 25 06:08:24 IST 2002

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Julian Field wrote:

> I've just tested a couple of messages with this setup, and it works fine on
> my version of perl. To be sure to be case-insensitive, it
> 1) converts the contents of spam.whitelist.conf to lower-case as it stores it
> 2) converts the addresses being tested to lower-case before testing them
> 3) does the tests as case-insensitive comparisons.
>
> So at least 2 of those must be failing on your Perl! :-(

That's possible...the machine mailscanner is running on did have a failed
perl upgrade at one time, though everything else works fine.  Thank
goodness this isn't the production box :)

> There's not much I can do to fix that as I already do everything I can to
> make it work robustly. Are you sure you spelled mailer-daemon correctly?

Sure did :)

I won't worry until we're in production.

Thanks for all the support!

-Rich