Beta testers? Getting on okay?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Jul 20 13:08:35 IST 2002

I've just tested a couple of messages with this setup, and it works fine on
my version of perl. To be sure to be case-insensitive, it
1) converts the contents of spam.whitelist.conf to lower-case as it stores it
2) converts the addresses being tested to lower-case before testing them
3) does the tests as case-insensitive comparisons.

So at least 2 of those must be failing on your Perl! :-(

There's not much I can do to fix that as I already do everything I can to
make it work robustly. Are you sure you spelled mailer-daemon correctly?

At 04:43 20/07/2002, you wrote:
>Jules,
>
>Congrats on the monitor!
>
>As far as the beta test is concerned, no real problems here!
>
>The "whitelist to" option (or whatever it's called) seems to be working
>just fine with the exception of case sensitivity.
>
>I have 'mailer-daemon@*' in spam.whitelist.com so I can test, but mail to
>MAILER-DAEMON at mydomain.com is still being flagged.
>
>Otherwise, I've been getting compliments on how well it works.  Of course,
>I always credit you and the others who have contributed so much to the
>cause!
>
>Thanks!
>
>-Rich
>
>On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Julian Field wrote:
>
> > My beta-testers, how are you folks getting on? Is it all working so far?
> > No-one has been in touch, so I am assuming that no news is good news.
> > I just installed the latest release on a new server here, too, and that
> > went flawlessly.
> >
> > So unless someone comes up with some reports by Sunday or so, I'll release
> > it to the world.
> >
> > Thanks guys!
> > Jules.
> >
> > P.S. Just got a new Eizo 17" TFT monitor at work, *very* nice,
> > hmmmmm....... :-)
> > --
> > Julian Field                Teaching Systems Manager
> > jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk         Dept. of Electronics & Computer Science
> > Tel. 023 8059 2817          University of Southampton
> >                              Southampton SO17 1BJ

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ