Sign Clean Messages = yes

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 29 09:23:14 GMT 2002

At 09:05 29/01/2002, you wrote:
>Julian Field said:
> >>However, it still seems "Sign Clean Messages = yes" also removes the
> >>Return-Path header.
> > That one I really don't understand, as nothing plays with the
> > Return-Path header... :(
>
>I'm just guessing, but as the Return-Path header is always the first,
>can't itjust be that somewhere the first of all headers is accidently
>deleted in some
>routine?

None of the messages in my mailbox have a Return-Path header, and switching
Sign Clean Messages on and off makes no difference. I'm running sendmail
8.9.3 and my setup doesn't appear to use Return-Path at all.

It could be a MIME-Tools problem. Does it make any difference whether the
message is MIME or plain text? I can't see any signs of any headers
disappearing when this option is switched on and off at all.

>Has anyone been able to reproduce this by setting "Sign Clean Messages =
>yes"? When I set it to "no", the Return-Path header shows up again, so I
>guessthis must be related...

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ