EMERGENCY: MyParty

Sander Jonkers felker at GMX.NET
Mon Jan 28 19:20:03 GMT 2002

> It's not a proper attachment, it's just uuencoded data stuffed in-line in
> the main body of the (plain text) message. There are no MIME headers at
> all, or anything. It's just in-line data, which apparently some email
> clients appear to identify, decode, and present like an attachment.

Wow, what a coincident with my remark yesterday. Clever virus writer. ;-)

To avoid misunderstandings: I discovered this maillscanner behaviour (=not
scanning uuencoded files)  because I always send attachments from my unix
comand line the lazy way:

    uuencode eicar.com eicar.com | mail someone at somewhere.com

FIY: I have done this since 1990 or so, and it always worked. And I'm quite
sure the format it results in, is correct (although not very much in use
anymore).

Sander