MailScanner Perl Problems (help!)

Gene Ruebsamen gene at ERACHAMPION.COM
Mon Jan 28 18:46:04 GMT 2002

Hello,

I just recently installed mailscanner, and love it!  I installed via the
RPM's, and I am currently running Redhat 7.2 which has Perl 5.6.0 installed
by default.
I am also using SpamAssassin, and installed that via tarballs.  When
installed some perl modules via CPAN, my PERL was upgraded to Perl 5.6.1.

Spam Assassin and Mail Scanner both work great separately; however, when I
enable SpamAssassin support within Mail Scanner, I get the following error:

Can't locate Mail/SpamAssassin.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/MailScanner/bin /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at
/usr/local/MailScanner/bin/sendmail.pl line 46.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/MailScanner/bin/mailscanner line
77.

I did a search for SpamAssassin.pm, and found that it was located in the
following directory:  /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Mail/
It seems the default path that MailScanner looks for is the Perl 5.6.0
path.. How can I fix this problem, as I would like to use MailScanner to
invoke SpamAssassin rather than running them separately?

Thanks!!

Gene Ruebsamen