Run-on Sentence in Reports with F-prot

Evert Jan van Ramselaar evertjan at vanramselaar.net
Fri Jan 11 16:09:40 GMT 2002

Tnx for the file. Seems to work fine, I have f-prot and mcafee configured
now, and the EICAR test file gets detected by both scanners and both results
are metioned in the warning e-mails.

However, I can't seen to get inoculate working with MailScanner. Probably
because I have an older version, which expects other parameters:

# /usr/local/av/inocucmd

   Usage: /usr/local/av/inocucmd [ -options ] file|directory ...
          (Choose zero or one of FST, SEC or REV)

        : SEC  Secure scan
        : REV  Reviewer scan
          (Choose zero or one of CUR, DEL, MOV, REN or MAR)
        : CUR  Scan & cure infected files
        : DEL  Scan & delete infected files
        : MOV  Move infected files to ~/VIRUS
        : REN  Rename infected files
        : MAR  Move & rename infected files to ~/VIRUS
          (Choose any of NEX, NOC, NOS, FIL, LIS, APP, VER or HEL)
        : NEX  Detect compressed files by content, not file extension
        : NOC  Don't scan compressed files (.ZIP, .ARJ, .Z, ...)
        : NOS  No subdirectory traverse
        : FIL <pattern>  Only scan files that match <pattern> (shell
wildcard)
        : LIS <file>  Create scan report file <file>
        : APP <file>  Append scan report to file <file>
        : VER  Verbose mode
        : HEL or ?  Display this help

file|directory ...: Specify at least one file or directory to scan

Engine version: 27.00 2001/08/16
  Data version: 02.66 1984/00/16

Another question: Did someone already make an update scripts for the f-prot
definitions?

--
  Evert Jan van Ramselaar  <evertjan at vanramselaar.net>
  Van Ramselaar Info Tech  <http://www.vanramselaar.nl>