Commercial virus checker failed ...

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Wed Jan 9 12:05:05 GMT 2002

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 11:59:09AM +0000, Julian Field wrote:

> >The "Virus Scanner" and "Sweep" keywords will become comma/space-separated
> >lists for backward compatibility with existing setups. I'll leave it up to
> >you to ensure that all the values of "Sweep" stay on 1 line. That's about
> >the simplest change I can think of.
>
> Has anyone got any better ideas for the keywords than my suggestion above?
> (Nick doesn't like it...)

More specifically, I like something like:

I Cant Think Of A Good Name For This = sophos:/usr/local/bin/sweep
I Cant Think Of A Good Name For This = kaspersky:/opt/mailscanner/kaspersky/kasperskywrapper

I like this because it's easier to read, easier to comment in and out, and
harder to screw up.

The option name can't conflict with anything existing, obviously, which makes
life a little more difficult.

We need to make sure that it's extremely unlikely to confuse anyone (to avoid
"so do I set both, or just this, or..."-type questions).

Cheers,

Nick
Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Don't plan any hasty moves.  You'll be evicted soon anyway.