Commercial virus checker failed ...

Scott Farrell sfarrell at ICCONSULTING.COM.AU
Tue Jan 8 23:48:52 GMT 2002

Nikolay,

CA does provide autoupdates. Depending on what product and subscription you
have, see :

/usr/local/ino/ino/scripts/UpdateEngine.sh

You'll need to configure wget to default to a proxy server.

I get updates every other day.

Not too mention their more enterprise products co-ordinate site/enterprise
wide updating and management and reporting.

Scott

      Date:  08:14:08 PM ZE2 Yesterday

   Subject:  Re: Commercial virus checker failed  ...

Nick Phillips wrote:

> It's not working. Have you set the right path to the f-prot wrapper in
the
> mailscanner.conf??

Yes. It is my fault. I corrected the mistake which was in the path to
the f-prot wrapper.
It occured because I made too many tweaks in the conf file.

> > I do not run commercial checker. I use f-prot.
>
> That is a commercial checker for our purposes, even though they don't
charge for
> it at the moment.
>
> > I like to ask a question : Is there is a way to use 2 or 3 virus
checker
> > to check 1 message ?
>
> Not at the moment; there's not really any very good reason to do so, so
far as
> I'm aware.
I don't think so.
For example inoculateit does not make updates to their virus
definitions.
Other firms produce every day updates for new viruses - Sophos for
example.
If I run InoculateIt (which I prefer) I would like to count also on
Sophos.

Best regards
Nikolay Kabaivanov, ntk at ru.acad.bg
University of Rousse, Bulgaria