mailscanner dying --- suggestion

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Tue Jan 8 01:34:09 GMT 2002

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Julian Field wrote:

Suggestion: Change "Multiple Headers" from "append" to "add" and see if it
still dies. This has solved the problem for 1 user.

        Make that 2 users.

        Make that 3 users.
I ran version 3.01-3 for the last couple of hours without a problem.
This is a first.  mailscanner 3.0x-x always disappeared within minutes.

> I've got a possible fix (has worked for 1 user so far), which I will
> publish as soon as it has been tested rather more. If you fancy trying it
> for yourself, I would be interested to see if it works:

> 2. In mta-specific.pl, remove the "i" from right near the end of lines 316,
> 322, 586, 589.

I made the suggested fix and mailscanner is still running.  It's only been
about an hour but it IS running!!!

Oh, it would be really, really nice to have an option for mailscanner to
add a line in the message header that it had checked for spam...I guess
I'm getting used to the spamassassin message!

Gerry
--
"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne" Chaucer