Can't get spam checking working?

Scott Farrell sfarrell at ICCONSULTING.COM.AU
Sat Jan 5 05:41:43 GMT 2002

I guess you have the config right?

here are my settings from a working system:

Spam Checks = yes
Spam Header = X-MailScanner-SpamCheck:
Spam Modify Subject = yes
Spam Subject Text = {SPAM?}
Use SpamAssassin = yes
Max SpamAssassin Size = 2000000
SpamAssassin Timeout = 120
Spam List =

watch out for the last one, as I think the default file from the tarball
came with 2 lines enabled, and I wasnt sure what the outcome would be.

here is a excerpt from my maillog:
Jan  5 15:35:58 icconsulting3 mailscanner[29215]: Forwarding 1 clean
messages, 1720 bytes
Jan  5 15:36:08 icconsulting3 mailscanner[29215]: Message g054YiW29255 is
spam according to SpamAssassin
Jan  5 15:36:08 icconsulting3 mailscanner[29215]: About to deliver 1
messages

The system I am running mailscanner 3.01 and spamassassin on to test is a
Pentium 200 and 64Mb of RAM - and I had to allow spamassassin more time to
check the mails (note the 120 seconds in my config). I did sees a
spamassassin timeout when I had it set to 10secs in my maillog.

regards
Scott Farrell

http://www.icconsulting.com.au
ic Consulting - the people that make eBusiness happen.
We offer e-business consulting and perform services. We deliver high
impact consulting, and fast turn around projects for our clients.
Ask us about Web Content Management,  Web Self Service, or working closer
with your customers or suppliers.

0412 927 156,   02 9411 3622  mailto:sfarrell at icconsulting.com.au

Gerry Doris <gerry at DORFAM.CA>
Sent by: MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
05/01/2002 02:04 PM
Please respond to MailScanner mailing list