Can't get spam checking working?

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Sat Jan 5 12:39:38 GMT 2002

I was using exactly the same config as you right down to the timing of 120
seconds...I was worried that spamassassin was dropping out because of it.
However, I noticed using top that spamassassin (when called from procmail)
always finishes in less than 10 sec on the 486.  Although it's a very slow
system it is idle about 94% of the time and spamassassin is only checking
ORDB.

Right now I am running mailscanner 2.6 and still can't get any spam
internal checking to run...never did before either.  There aren't any
error messages.  Internal spam checking simply doesn't run no matter what
I do???

As I said before it isn't a big deal as this is just a home system and I'm
using spamassassin from procmail.  It's in the "inquiring minds want to
know" category.  If I get some time later today I'll try it on the 1.8Ghz
system.

Thanks for you help!

Gerry

--
"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne" Chaucer