Spamassassin Timeout!

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 6 09:33:14 GMT 2002

At 09:23 06/02/2002, you wrote:
>Pardon me for being thick but how do you disable the RBL checks in
>spamassassin via mailscanner?

In your /.spamassassin.cf file there's a commented-out line
# skip_rbl_checks 1
Uncomment that line and it won't do RBL checks. In SA 2.0[1], the file is
in /.spamassassin/user_prefs.

>I believe I have RBL checking turned on in MailScanner but don't recall
>seeing any evidence of it finding anything even on messages which
>spamassassin says fails the rbl tests. How would I check or am I doing
>something wrong?

You can mail me your mailscanner.conf file and I'll check you have a
sensible Spam checking section if you like. As you are a UK academic site,
you can use the MAPS-RBL+ line too.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ