Spamassassin Timeout!

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Feb 1 09:10:53 GMT 2002

At 23:51 31/01/2002, you wrote:
>Could anyone please give me some ideas why I receive "SpamAssassin timed out
>and was killed" message. I am running perl 5.0053 and SA 1.5 with MailScanner
>3.04.

If you still get the error even after doing all the DNS stuff that Quentin
recommends, it is worth noting that there is a bug in 2 of the rules in 1.5
that cause them to (almost) never terminate, which is why I wrote the
timeout code in the first place.

There was a patch posted on the SA website to get around this problem, or
else you can upgrade to SA 2.01 which doesn't suffer from it.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ