filename.rules.conf Need to allow .exe without receiving {Virus?} in the Subject

Matthew Bowman mbowman at UDCOM.COM
Thu Dec 26 15:25:32 GMT 2002

Hi,

Changing deny to allow or commenting out the deny lines then restarting
MailScanner should have worked.

What version of MS are you running, platform etc?

Matthew

                    lester lasad
                    <llasad1 at YAHOO.COM       To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
                    >                        cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     filename.rules.conf Need to allow .exe without receiving {Virus?} in         the Subject
                    MailScanner
                    mailing list
                    <MAILSCANNER at JISCM
                    AIL.AC.UK>

                    12/26/2002 10:03
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    MailScanner
                    mailing list

I would like to allow certain file types that were originally set to deny
in /etc/MailScaner/filename.rules.conf.  I tried to rem out "#" the two
deny lines listed below but the subject is still listing {Virus?} in the
subject line.  I also tried adding the 2 allow lines below to see if that
would help but still no luck.  I have also restarted MailScanner and
rebooted the server after making the changes.  Does anyone have any
recommendations?  Thanks for any suggestions.

allow \.com$ - -
allow \.exe$ - -

# These 2 added by popular demand - Very often used by viruses
# deny \.com$  Windows/DOS Executable
# deny \.exe$  Windows/DOS Executable

Do you Yahoo!?