filename.rules.conf Need to allow .exe without receiving {Virus?} in the Subject

lester lasad llasad1 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Dec 26 15:57:02 GMT 2002

I am running MailScanner 4.10-1 on RedHat 7.3.  After commenting out the deny lines I ran the following commands to restart MailScanner:
"service sendmail stop" "chkconfig sendmail off" "chkconfig MailScanner on" "service MailScanner start"
I was still receiving the {Virus?} in the subject line so I restarted the server and still continue to receive {Virus?} in the subject line.  I am a new user to RedHat and MailScanner so if there is any info I am leaving out that would be helpful please let me know.  Thanks again for the response.

 Matthew Bowman <mbowman at UDCOM.COM> wrote:Hi,

Changing deny to allow or commenting out the deny lines then restarting
MailScanner should have worked.

What version of MS are you running, platform etc?

Matthew

lester lasad
> cc:
Sent by: Subject: filename.rules.conf Need to allow .exe without receiving {Virus?} in the Subject
MailScanner
mailing list
AIL.AC.UK>

12/26/2002 10:03
AM
Please respond to
MailScanner
mailing list

I would like to allow certain file types that were originally set to deny
in /etc/MailScaner/filename.rules.conf. I tried to rem out "#" the two
deny lines listed below but the subject is still listing {Virus?} in the
subject line. I also tried adding the 2 allow lines below to see if that
would help but still no luck. I have also restarted MailScanner and
rebooted the server after making the changes. Does anyone have any
recommendations? Thanks for any suggestions.

allow \.com$ - -
allow \.exe$ - -

# These 2 added by popular demand - Very often used by viruses
# deny \.com$ Windows/DOS Executable
# deny \.exe$ Windows/DOS Executable

Do you Yahoo!?