Sophos Install

Jim Levie jim at ENTROPHY-FREE.NET
Mon Dec 16 23:38:49 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 17:16, Julian Field wrote:
> At 23:13 16/12/2002, you wrote:
> >basically I upload the Linux version of Sophos to the box untar it to a
> >directory and then from that directory run /usr/sbin/Sophos.install it does
> >its stuff
> >
> >but when I try a test and run /usr/local/Sophos/bin/sweep I get this back
> >
> >[root sav-install]# /usr/local/Sophos/bin/sweep
> >/usr/local/Sophos/bin/sweep: error in loading shared libraries:
> >libsavi.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or direct
> >
> >anybody else had this and fixed it?
>
> That's because the MailScanner Sophos.install script installs it so that it
> can run it using the sophos-wrapper script, which sets a couple of
> environment variables before running sweep itself:
>
> SAV_IDE=$PackageDir/ide
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PackageDir/lib
> export SAV_IDE
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> (where $PackageDir is /usr/local/Sophos)
> --
And if you want to easily run it from the command line you can set up
LD_LIBRARY_PATH similar to what the sophos-wrapper does (export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/sophos/lib) or add
/usr/local/sophos/lib to the end of /etc/ld.so.conf and execute
ldconfig.
--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed
RedHat.