MailScanner and Ensim Webppliance

Steffan Henke henker at SHCOM.US
Wed Dec 11 19:54:31 GMT 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Mark Lundy wrote:

> No, actually, it doesn't work on my machine!  Every time I start up
> MailScanner, I get complaints from users that they are not receiving emails.

Have you checked /var/log/maillog ?

> queued emails!  You say your script copies them to
> /home/virtual/[domain_name]/fst/var/spool/mqueue, right?  Why copy them,
> why not just move them there?  Or, what do you do with the orphaned
> files in the domain's root dir after copying?

No, if you have a look again at the script I previously included, it moves
them from the siteroot to /var/spool/mqueue.in - the GLOBAL one, NOT the
chrooted - and I don't do anything to them after moving, sendmail normally
processes its queue and delivers whatever it has in /var/spool/mqueue.in.

> Point taken on disabling /etc/init.d/sendmail script.
> I'll worry more about bandwidth monitoring after I get MailScanner working!

That's still my main issue. Nonetheless you may want to look at
http://forum.rackshack.net in the ensim groups, there are some docs
related to MailScanner, mostly related to 3.x though.

Regards,

Steffan