MailScanner and Ensim Webppliance

Steffan Henke henker at SHCOM.US
Wed Dec 11 18:12:33 GMT 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Mark Lundy wrote:

> I see what you're doing.  What version of MailScanner are you using?  I
> have 4.10-1, and sendmail v8.11.6-3ensim1, which already has the

I am using mailscanner-4.04-1, same sendmail as you. The day I have some
spare time, I'll give 4.10 a try.

> preloading of Ensim libs in its /etc/init.d/sendmail startup script.

Don't use the sendmail initscript anymore once you use mailscanner !
I made a symlink to /etc/init.d/MailScanner.

>  There's really nothing else different between what you sent me and my
> install already!  Still a conundrum why queued mail gets orphaned in the
> domain's root dir.  Seems only outgoing mail is affected by this anomaly.

Yep, but why bother as long as they get copied by that small script ?
The more important issue for me is the bandwidth monitoring.
But apart from that - it does work on your machine, doesn't it ?

Regards,

Steffan