Third Queue?? for the "gray" area Spam

Allan Rafuse arafuse at EQUAT.COM
Wed Dec 11 17:34:27 GMT 2002

I was thinking, if a piece of email is scanned with SpamAssassin and it
comes back with a score say between 1-5, then deliver the mail.

If the score came back between 6-9, it's in the gray area of being spam.
This is where I'd like to move it ("requeue" option) to a third queue which is only delivered
from a MTA queue runner process/administrator.  This would give the administrator
a chance to check the queue and educate the system by updating rules/
whitelists/blacklists.

Everything above 9 would be Spam.

Proposed new Config Options:
==============================
"Spam Actions" option would have another value of "requeue".

Spam Score = 9  # (This already exists, but in this case the gray area would be between 6-9
Spam Gray Area Min Score = 6
Spam Gray Area Action = requeue | deliver | delete | store | bounce | forward | striphtml
Spam Gray Area Queue = /var/spool/exim.gray/input

Can this be done?  Is it already possible?

Thanks,
 -Allan

<- Allan Rafuse ->
Systems Administrator