Outgoing mail problems

Thomas DuVally thomas_duvally at BROWN.EDU
Thu Dec 5 22:00:07 GMT 2002

OK, I've confirmed that mailscanner scans all the files, and added to
Mail.pm a line to log how mamny messages it is attempting to deliver
(via sendmail)

For some reason, one particular file (the largest in a set) will fail to
be called for delivery by mailscanner, but not always, and not always
the same file, just the largest.

Is it possible mailscanner is calling for delivery only those files that
are ready, and missing some that aren't quite, possible still being
written to disk?  Then it never gets a chance to see that it was done?

--
Thomas DuVally
Lead Sys. Prog.