f-prot final version released - 3.12

Marc Perea marc.perea at ELECTRONIC-GROUP.COM
Thu Apr 4 10:27:36 IST 2002

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:53:19 +1200
Nick Phillips <nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 09:38:25AM +0530, Rishi Gangoly wrote:
>
> > F-prot final version 3.12 has been released. Will we need to change the
> > mailscanner.conf from beta to supported?
>
> The code level setting in mailscanner.conf has nothing to do with the
> status of the f-prot version you are running; it is to do with the code
> in mailscanner that supports any particular scanner.
>
> In the current version, I believe that the f-prot support is labelled as
> "supported", so you would probably be better off with that setting set
> to "supported", in order to avoid running any other potentially dodgy code
> with status "beta" without realising it.
>

> I haven't yet tested the latest version of f-prot with mailscanner, however,
> and haven't verified that the output format is still the same. So far as I am
> aware, neither has Julian.
>
> If anybody "out there" is now running the "release" version of f-prot with
> mailscanner, please let us know how you are getting on.
>

> Cheers,

I'm using it. And it's working very very well (By the moment)

If someone are interested, here are a pair of urls to get the actualized signature files :

ftp://eu-1.updates.f-prot.com:21/pub/fp-def.zip
ftp://eu-1.updates.f-prot.com:21/pub/macrdef2.zip

Here I copy an example output :