f-protwrapper modification ?

Marc Perea marc.perea at ELECTRONIC-GROUP.COM
Wed Apr 17 17:31:06 IST 2002

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:27:36 +0200
Marc Perea <marc.perea at electronic-group.com> wrote:

> Here I copy an example output :
>
> At Thu Apr  4 02:56:10 2002 the virus scanner said:
>    /opt/mailscanner/var/incoming/g340ti715079/enano.exe  Infection: W32/Hybris.worm.B
>
> I'm looking for a way to easyly remove the path to the file, so just appears as "file.ext" instead of /opt/mailscanner/var/incoming/XXXXXXX/file.ext
>
> Cheers,

Hello guys.

This mail is only for f-prot users (I have no experience with any other Anti Viruses)

To solve the problem above exposed, I've modified the f-protwrapper file that comes by default with the mailscanner package in this way :

I've added this variable :
HiddenPath=/opt/mailscanner/var

And replaced the first line by the second one :
exec ${PackageDir}/$Scanner $ScanOptions "$@"
exec ${PackageDir}/$Scanner $ScanOptions "$@" | sed "s%$HiddenPath%%g"

And voila! no more path revealing to anyone :-)

Dear Julian Field : What do you think about including this option into the next f-protwrapper version ?

Cheers,

--
Marc Perea - System Administration Staff
Mail: marc.perea at electronic-group.com
Tel:  (+34) 93 600 23 23
Fax:  (+34) 93 600 23 10