f-prot final version released - 3.12

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Thu Apr 4 05:53:19 IST 2002

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 09:38:25AM +0530, Rishi Gangoly wrote:

> F-prot final version 3.12 has been released. Will we need to change the
> mailscanner.conf from beta to supported?

The code level setting in mailscanner.conf has nothing to do with the
status of the f-prot version you are running; it is to do with the code
in mailscanner that supports any particular scanner.

In the current version, I believe that the f-prot support is labelled as
"supported", so you would probably be better off with that setting set
to "supported", in order to avoid running any other potentially dodgy code
with status "beta" without realising it.

I haven't yet tested the latest version of f-prot with mailscanner, however,
and haven't verified that the output format is still the same. So far as I am
aware, neither has Julian.

If anybody "out there" is now running the "release" version of f-prot with
mailscanner, please let us know how you are getting on.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Think twice before speaking, but don't say "think think click click".